What Should I Bring?
It’s important to be prepared for your stay at Brooke Glen. We’ve compiled this packing list to make sure you have the items that you’ll need to be comfortable while you’re receiving care. Please consider packing the following things:
- Please bring approximately a week’s worth of clothes, pajamas, socks, undergarments, and a pair of shoes. Patients will not be permitted to walk around the facility without proper footwear. Each unit has a washer and dryer available to do laundry, so please be conservative in your packing.
- Please make sure toiletries are in their original containers, but DO NOT bring anything in glass or aerosol containers.
- Please pack any medication (in their original bottles/packaging) that you currently take. This will help us prescribe the correct dosages should we make additional recommendations. We will manage medications for patients in our care.
- Brooke Glen will provide food and beverage, but vending machines are available for some snacks.
What’s Not Allowed?
Items considered “contraband” are not permitted at Brooke Glen. These items may be used to harm oneself or others and will be promptly removed from the patient. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Jewelry (exception: wedding rings are allowed)
- Tight fitting or revealing clothing
- Clothing that has profanity or graphic/inappropriate/violent imagery
- Any clothing with drawstrings or belts; underwire bras and shoes with laces
- Headdresses/scarves, pantyhose/stockings
- Boots (steel tip, construction boots, etc.), high heel shoes
- Any toiletries that contain alcohol, like mouthwash
- Hair dyes, hair chemicals, hair removal agents
- Nail polish, nail polish remover, make-up
- Any electronic devices such as cell phones, iPods, laptops, etc.
- Picture frames, CDs and CD cases
- Any substances that may be abused (drugs, alcohol, etc.)
- Cigarettes, lighters, matches, electric cigarettes and tobacco products
- Stuffed animals or outside bedding/linens
- Adolescents restricted from hardback books on the unit (may be used in school)
- Toiletries and medications not in original/labeled packaging
- Food and beverage (all meals and snacks will be provided)
- Any sharp objects, glass, soda cans, metal items, spiral notebooks, etc.
Contraband is locked away until discharge. Any item considered a WEAPON, such as a razor or a knife, will be taken immediately and should be picked up by a friend or family member within 72 hours or it will be disposed of properly. Brooke Glen is not responsible for any items left after discharge.
We ask that family and friends visiting the facility also adhere to the guidelines above when they come to see their loved ones or drop off any items during a patient’s stay.